.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, December 03, 2005

 

Harvest 'em While You Got 'em

What a difference 10 degrees makes! I was able to take my poofy off within the first 30 minutes of touring! Yes, I have been touring up with my down coat/balaclava/hat/everything on that will help keep me alive. While Matt & I have been out the last couple days, the photos are limited, as exposed fingers on the shutter button don’t last too long.

But today it all came together. With the thermometer reading closer to zero and some excellent snow we found down low yesterday, Em and I headed out to harvest acres of local powder fields.

South facing and protected from the consistent NE winds, we had a most pleasant day of field work. Em laid the traverse above our desired plot of unconsolidated fluff, stopping short of the wastelands of undesirable crusts higher upslope. After the first couple turns, we could do no wrong and met at the bottom with permagrins! Knowing the weather could kill these crops in no time, we reskinned and headed back to the top to continue plowing.

It's great to see Alpental spinning lifts today! Congrats to the crew back at home and glad to see such great snow conditions.

Labels:


Comments:
killer
 
so trevor...why no overnight on thompson Pass?? sounds like an awesome trip!!
love Tom and Joan
 
Permagrins are where it's at, isn't it? Keep doing no wrong!
 
looks nice, I'm jealous
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by FeedBurner

Blogarama - The Blog Directory